Can someone please tell me how it’s already July? I literally blinked and summer is finding it’s way to an end. I really underestimated my schedule for this season and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has yet to have a vacation. Nevertheless, I have managed to find my escape through my summer reading list and I honestly haven’t been disappointed in one book on it. For all of my other book junkies out there I wanted to share my good reads so far and I promise you I will not steer you wrong.
1. Not That Kind of Girl (by Lena Dunham)- I freaking love her! She gives an honest account of her childhood, the teenage years, and why it’s not ok to like guys who treat you like crap. Well done Lena, well done.
2. The Alchemist (by Paulo Coelho)- This book was a random I found on sale at Target and it looked pretty, so I bought it. I was actually more into it than I had anticipated, it’s a novel about the importance of listening to our hearts and following our destiny.
3. #GirlBoss (by Sophia Amoruso)- Ummm Sophia.. you are my HERO! First of all, if you haven’t heard of Nasty Gal you need to Google that like pronto. She’s a straightforward BOSS. She tells it like it is and makes you want to go out and kick some A#* in the workplace. I read this book in a day.. seriously it’s THAT good… here’s why.
4. The One & Only (by Emily Griffin)- It’s the total chick flick book and I loved every single page of it. I don’t want to give any spoiler alerts, BUT you will love the ending.. You’re welcome.
5. The Energy Bus (by Jon Gordon)- I was introduced to this book through work and I seriously think it was the most beneficial thing I could’ve done for my work and personal life. If you find yourself going through the motions every single day, you NEED this book. It shows you how to put the energy spark back into your every day life and get rid of that negativity bug. You will definitely thank me for this one!
If anyone has any other great reads, please list down below. Hope you all are having a wonderful summer!