We have all had those days where nothing is going right; maybe your significant other just broke up with you, maybe you had a not-so-stellar meeting with your boss, or maybe you ruined your favorite dress. Either way, it really does seem like when it rains, it pours, and nothing is ever going to get better.
However, when looking at the big picture, these are simply just days, measurements of time, leading us into something truly wonderful. I think back to some of my darkest days and realize how if I hadn’t had those terrible experiences, not only would I not be who I am today, but without them, I wouldn’t have had some of the best days of my life. Here are some tips and tricks I use on these days that get me through.
- Take a shower, or take a nap. There is nothing like just letting the shower wash away your sorrows or falling asleep to escape it all.
- Call your mom. Nine out of 10 times, she’ll make you feel better.
- Exercise. Endorphins really can change your mindset about a situation.
- Cry. Just let it out. So many times, no matter the situation, I have felt better after a good cry. Holding the tears back just causes me more internal stress.
- Realize that the rain doesn’t last forever. Life is all about ups and downs. Without the bad times, do the good ones really mean anything? Everything is temporary. Three words really changed my life once I fully learned to accept them.
I realize that my advice may be vague and not super specific to you in your time of need, so I’ll leave you with this. “If you are reading this, you have survived your entire life up until this point. You have survived traumas, heartbreak, devastation, the elements, different phases of life, and here you are. You are awesome.”