I love dating in the summer. Not that I don’t love having a boyfriend every other season (love you bae, no worries), but there’s something about the summer time that just gets me excited about date night. I require only one thing of a restaurant in the summer; outside seating. I’m obsessed. Because what’s better than a fruity cocktail when there’s live music a warm breeze and a sunset? Nothing. I know. However there is such thing as a budget (unfortunately), and so I’ve come up with some fun date night ideas that don’t require a fancy restaurant. I know my boyfriend will thank me for this, and hopefully yours will too 😉
- Picnic time! Pack up your favorite wine, some cheese and crackers and a bowl of fruit. Let it be your happy hour and find a little spot where you can spread out a blanket. Maybe at a free concert or a local park. This seems typical, but how many of you have actually done this? Not us. And we’ve been together over 5 years, so. It’s about time, am I right?
- City tourists. I’ve lived in Charlotte almost my whole life, but how much do I actually know about my city? Probably next to nothing if I’m being honest. So I want us to be a tourists for a day! Create an itinerary like I was coming in from out of town and only had one day to see Charlotte in all it’s glory. Take photos and maybe find some new great places along the way.
- Strawberry picking! Whatever fruit is in season near you, I’m assuming strawberries is correct, go together and pick a basket. Eat some and save some, and then make a pie or mix it with ice cream. Something uncomplicated but fun to do together.
- Thrifty are we? Depending on your guys patience and likeness of shopping, take an afternoon and hit up all the antique or thrift stores nearby! I’ve been wanting to do this forever, but just haven’t yet. So I’m excited to get a list of places and hopefully come away with some good finds to fix-up.
- Day-trips. These are my absolute favorite kind of dates, the road-trip ones. I’m a quality time girl so getting to spend the whole day adventuring is just a dream. We’ve gone to hiking trails, or cities that we love that are only a few hours a way, and sometimes a beach day. Love love love it. These can get pricy if you’re not careful, so just be intentional on packing snack or a lunch if you can. The more you plan the more you can save!
So nothing revolutionary I suppose, except for the suggestion to actually do them!! These are all things I’ve wanted to do together but somehow we just never have. And they’re simple enough, so I know you all can make it work. My new summer resolution is to check-off this list with my man. Cheers to you and yours!