23 thoughts you’ll have when going home to your walk-up apartment:
1. Anybody who complains about living on the top floor of a walk-up is crazy! This isn’t that bad!!
2. Okay, this is a bit of a struggle, I can see why there might be a few naysayers.
3. This is a joke right? I can’t breathe. There’s no way in hell I’m doing this everyday.
4. Is it even legal to NOT have elevators?
At least my legs will look GREAT.
5. WHY did I buy a gallon of milk? I’m 1 person, I will never finish all of this milk before it expires, and now I have to carry it to the top of my tower.
6. Is it weird that I wear a backpack to grocery shop? It’s so much easier to carry heavy shit this way. But I’m an adult, so this is definitely weird.
7. I’m sooo happy I wore my backpack, now I can get soup AND laundry detergent.
8. OMG, the people of New York are geniuses. LAUNDRY BAG BACKPACKS!
9. Okay, this is really heavy. Why do I have so much laundry? How do I even have so many clothes, and why do they all need to washed right now?
10. *rip* Umm I know my new handy dandy laundry backpack is not ripping.
11. *rippppp* You’re kidding me, I’m barely even halfway down the stairs.
12. Well, now I have a laundry bag with no handle, so this will be fun.
On the bright side, my legs are going to be on BEYONCE’s level
13. When I really think about it, I only have to go UP the stairs once a day.
14. Oh…it’s raining….and my umbrella is in my bedroom…and I’m already downstairs. Ehh it’s not raining that hard, I only have 4 blocks to the subway, it will be fine.
15. F*ck – I definitely should’ve sucked it up and gotten my damn umbrella.
16. Wait, where’s my lunch? Oh, on the kitchen counter…and I’m already downstairs. Guess I’ll just buy a salad.
Eating salad AND taking the stairs? I’m going to look so good.
17. I just finished spinning, how the hell am I supposed to get up to my apartment?
18. My legs are literally shaking, I’m not going to make it.
19. Too many tequilas. I’ll just take a break. *20 minutes later* I can’t keep drinking this much if I ever want to make it to my bed.
20. I’m actually never wearing heels again.
21. I can never bring a guy home. Huffing and puffing and catching my breath for 5 minutes is not a cute look.
22. I’ll just have to keep him distracted by my legs, while I focus on my breathing.
23. *1 year later* – My legs haven’t changed, and this hasn’t gotten any easier. How many days until my lease is up?