Some say that Labor Day officially marks the end of summer. I’m not one for such harsh and horrifying titles, but in the spirit of loving fall and embracing change, let’s all celebrate the things we have to look forward to in the coming couple of months. Now if only fall was followed up by more summer, am I right?
- When you think of fall, what is the first thing that comes to mind? For me, I picture sweeping color schemes across every tree in sight. The ground is dusted with patches of color – yellow, red, orange – from the leaves that have been swept up in the wind and brought to ground, only to crinkle under boots and car tires, making the sweet sound of fall.
- Sweater weather. I have to admit – they have been busting at the seams waiting to come out of hiding in my closet.
- Your favorite TV shows are back and ready for your viewing pleasure. I need Olivia Pope back in my life already.
- Can we have a quick celebration for no longer having to be bikini-body ready at the drop of a hat?
- Hot coffee is coming back with a vengeance. I never really gave you up, but you’ve never tasted better than on a crisp fall morning, and I plan to continuously enjoy you again and again. (Insert your Pumpkin Spice drink here. I’m not a fan of it, but I know everyone else is, so here is your obligatory nod to the drink posted around the world.)
- Football. School colors. NFL colors. Tailgating. Beer. Cheering. Booing. Food. More food. These are a few of my favorite things.
- Side note – does fall make you think of a golden retriever puppy playing in a pile of leaves? I don’t know if I’ve ever actually seen this happen before, but I suppose that image is a good representation of how fall makes me feel.
- Boots for days. Short, tall, wedge, flat, heel – gimme them all.
- Maybe for some of you, fall just means that you can finally go outside and not sweat in 120 degree weather, but rather have a ‘moderate’ sweat in 95 degrees. (I’m looking at you, Arizona.) So cheers to that, I guess. I don’t get you but I respect you.
- Snuggling. Is there really anything else I need to say on this piece?
- Okay, I will elaborate on the last point. Snuggling – with a blanket, with your boo, with a book, with your cat – the options are really endless.
While we all love summer and hate to see you go, we love to watch you leaf (get it? get it?).
Thanks for being one for the books, Summer ’15. TTYL. LYLAS.