Yes, chocolate, cream cheese, and coffee. Three of the best breakfast ingredients rolled into one gooey, decadent, indulgent dessert. This combination came to me in a dream, no idea why, but I thought it would be a blast to try – and I am so gald that I did. Looking for a tasty treat to whip up? This is it.
A few things to keep in mind when you take it for a spin yourself – The cream cheese does occasionally cause the dough to spread so make sure it is cold before you blend in the mixer, another trick is refrigerating the dough for 30 minutes prior to baking. For an added punch, sprinkle a little cayenne on the final cookie, the spice reacts well with the bitter coffee.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 3-4 oz cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 1.5 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 375
- in a standard mixer, blend cream cheese, butter, and sugar
- blend egg and vanilla
- add dry ingredients and blend
- remove bowl from mixer and fold in chocolate chips
- use a 1/4 cup measurement to dictate size of cookies, place 2 in. apart
- bake 10-12 minutes
Enjoy! Let me know what you think!