There is nothing as decadent or as satisfying as a good, fluffy, chocolate mouse. And of course, an Oreo crumble crunch can’t hurt. If you’re looking at the Twenty Something Living writers you shouldn’t be shocked to find out that we have some serious sweet tooth among us – so you can trust us, this is exactly what you need.
What you need:
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
What to do with it:
- put a glass or metal bowl over boiling water and melt chocolate until smooth, slowly add 1/4 cup cream to make it milky and smooth, place into the refrigerator to cool to room temperature
- whip egg whites with the whisk attachment and a cold bowl for about 3 minutes slowly shaking in the sugar, set aside
- whip the rest of the cream with the powdered sugar until medium peak is formed, separate a 1/3 of the whipped cream and set aside
- fold together the cream, egg whites, and whipped cream. Do not deflated by mixing or smashing but rather delicately incorporate the three. To add the crunch right into the mousse, add some crushed oreos.
- place in a wine glass, top with the rest of the whipped cream, sprinkle with crushed oreos