Beach getaways are ideal for relieving stress and maximizing relaxation, but there are few things more frustrating than forgetting beach necessities. Leaving behind an essential is much like leaving your planner at home during work- you feel lost, a little naked and it throws off your entire day. Besides your sun block, sunnies and beach towel, here are some essentials you won’t want to leave behind:
1. Girl Boss: Ditch the sappy romance novels and get lost in Nasty Gal’s Sophia Amoruso’s story, detailing of her life pre-Nasty Gal and the successes since. It’s the perfect motivational book to get sucked into while giving you a boost of confidence and determination when you return to your work grind.
2. EOS lip balm: Humidity, wind, and dry sand is the perfect formula for chapped lips. Keep your lips moist with EOS lip balm. The cute spherical packaging will help you find it in your massive beach bag!
3. KMS Moist Repair detangling spray and Sephora double detangler comb: There is nothing more irritating that itcy, salty and sandy beach knots. Unless your hair naturally embraces and embodies the Victoria’s Secret beach wave, maintaining any tame hairdo at the beach is a difficult task. With a moist repair detangling spray, you won’t have to sacrifice dips in the ocean or your hair whipping in the wind.
4. mophie Juice Pack: But first, let me take a beach #selfie. Maybe mupload a scenic pic of the ocean? Or the classic here’s the bottom half of my body laying in the sand with my favorite book, filtered with Mayfair. We all claim that we will unplug at the beach and relax for a couple hours without technology, but that’s never the case. Pick up a juice pack to keep your phone charged all day long.
5. Echo Plastic Beach Pack: Crunchy keyboards and scratched iPhones are the worst. Keep your electronics sand-free with transparent plastic cases like Echo beach packs while still being able to see if you have any new messages.