Growing up as a younger sibling and having an older brother, I have to admit I always longed for a sister. I watched my friends borrow clothes from their sisters’ closets, get boy advice about what to do about their 7th grade crush, have a built in hair stylist whenever my friends needed their curls to look on point when it was a special occasion. I would hang out with my friends and their sisters and looked at their bond with awe.
I got stuck… (ok that was harsh), I was #blessed with having an older brother, but I didn’t realize that until I got older. Aside from being my brother’s shadow and following/wanting to do everything he did, I was saddened that I couldn’t raid his closet, or watch One Tree Hill together every week, or share makeup tips. I may not have had those things but what I do have is an incredible bond and friendship that one just couldn’t pass up for anything.
1. Brothers will be bossy
2. But that’s okay because we all know girls rule and boys drool, so you boss Mr. Bossy Pants right back
3. You’ll always have a person to play outside with
4. Your brother makes you one tough chic
5. You couldn’t get better boy advice from anyone
6. You’ll also be there to give him advice with his girl troubles
7. He’ll be overprotective but you’ll always appreciate him looking out for you
8. He may scare some boys away but you’ll thank him in the end
9. You’ll have a great drinking partner when you’re of age and can go to the bar together
10. You’ll learn how to play every sport possible
11. You hang out with him and his friends and really learn how boys’ minds work (it could be scary)
12. He’ll drive you nuts when he doesn’t clean up after himself or put the toilet seat down
13. You’ll fight like cats and dogs
14. He’ll be one of your biggest supporters
15. He do everything to make you laugh when you’re feeling down
16. In the end, you’ll have a lifelong best friend who will always be there for you no matter what and will love you more than a sister will ever know.
Thanks big brother, I love you and cherish our friendship more than you know, even though you drive me bananas sometimes. Now go do the dishes!
Images via Sorority Lyfe, Myself