So I have this theory that nerds live better lives. Let me clarify that my definition of a nerd is someone who has an interest and is not afraid to express it. So whatever nerdism tickles your fancy show it off to the world. I also believe that having a love of books is a great way to live. I personally have a thing for books and Jane Austen, so naturally I let every single person I meet know that I am the Jane Austen representative for the modern day world.
So why is being a bookworm such a great life? To me it’s simple, you can travel anywhere you want from Bali to the 1600’s. By getting lost you learn about the world and different points of view. Knowledge is limitless. A good book can transport your soul to place that no nonreader can go! If this is not enough to convince you I have a few other reasons they may help explain.
1. We are pretty easy to shop for (you are welcome). We also know we can buy most books on Amazon for 99₵ and pay $3.99 in shipping, no biggie.
2. When naming an animal or you know a child, our minds race to which literary hero or heroine we can channel to pass along that greatness.
3. So we don’t need wifi to entertain ourselves, which means we can access adventure and fun wherever we are!
4. We tend to watch people and try to figure out their stories in life, like characters in a book.
5. Every bookstore is the shiniest, most treasured, sacred place. We all have a favorite book store OR a favorite Barnes & Noble. For example: My favorite it in Rockville, Maryland on the pike.
6. People assume that we are really intelligent when we use big words or quote a great piece of literature.
7. We are excellent at avoiding situations that may be awkward, by simply ducking behind our books.
8. Reading can be so calming! Regardless if you are sad, restless, happy, or mad reading can make everything in life fade away.
9. Sometimes fictional characters are just better than real people.
10. We always get our exercise by carting around so many books. Every time I go on a trip or weekend getaway I bring a selection of books for my moods!
11. A personal library with a little bit of every genre can help make you a well rounded person.